'SAUERKRAUT OVEN DISH'
For any fan who loves sauerkraut it will be so tasty!
Insane sauerkraut oven dish that is not to be sneezed at. This long-standing recipe of mine is the perfect version to put on the table for you and your company. A festive variation with preparing this recipe.
You prefer to listen to the recipe with JENeration at its JENs. With your mobile in the pocket and earbuds on,
you can go hands-free and prepare the dish. HOW IT WORKS.
For the supplies, click 👉►INGREDIENTS. Everything in the house? Then click 👉►PREPARE.
*If you prefer no meat in this dish, omit this part. To make it accessible for everyone, hereby the whole recipe.
◻︎Sauerkraut 500 gr.
◻︎Potatoes 1.5 kg.
*◻︎Baconcubes 100 gr.
*◻︎Chicken thighs 2x
◻︎Yellow Pepper 1x (with meat)
*◻︎Yellow Pepper 1x (no meat)
◻︎Butter 50 gr.
◻︎Milk 1 cup
◻︎Sea Salt 2 tbsp.
◻︎Bread crumbs (dry) 1 mug
Preheat the oven to 180*
MISE and PLACE
1. Remove the sauerkraut from the packaging, briefly wash off the acid under the warm tap. Then place the sauerkraut in a sieve to drain off the liquid.
2. Peel the potatoes, wash them afterwards and boil them in water for about 20 minutes until tender.
3. Prick with a a fork to see if they are cooked.
4. Drain and boil the potatoes dry. Gas/Induction off.
5. Add milk, a little salt and knob of butter.
6. Add the sauerkraut and mash. Let this cool in the pan.
7. Cut capsicum into strips and then dice.
8. Butter cut into cubes, place on a platter.
*9. Cook the chicken thighs in boiled water so that it foams. Then take them out.
*10. Cube butter (medium-high heat) in frying pan so that it browns.
*11. Fry the chicken thighs well browned and cooked on both sides.
*12. Dice them on the when cooled.
Ingredients neatly arranged, ready to prepare.
1. Add a knob of butter to the pan and fry the bacon.
2. Add the yellow pepper and fry for a while, not too long.
3. Add the chicken, very briefly. Stir well until combined.
4. Spread the bacon, peppers and chicken cubes mixed together in the baking dish.
5. Top with the mashed sauerkraut. Press this gently.
6. Spread breadcrumbs over the sauerkraut.
7. Spread lumps of butter on top of this.
8. Put the oven dish in the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes.
SAUERKRAUT OVEN DISH ready. Spoon it up. Selamat makan!
If you have any questions, ask JENs.
JENs may be busy cooking or testing her recipes.
She aims to answer you within 48 hours.